random restarts

ace121pk 22:32 03 May 05

recently my computer used to display a blue screen at start up, before i got to the windows loading screen (windows XP Pro) i used the repair console to fix my win.ini, now i can sometimes get into windows and then it'll restart moment later, or i get an error message headed Services.exe "The instruction at 0x7c926efb referenced memory at 0x977c98do" then after clicking OK i get a System Shutdown window, telling me services.exe could not start and starts counting down, shutdown and restarts.

could some one please explain what is going on and how i can fix this?

hugh-265156 22:55 03 May 05

does the the computer start up in safe mode ok?

services.exe is part of windows that handles starting services at start up or it could be a nasty pretending to be this process click here

do you have up to date antivirus software installed and have you run a full scan with it in safe mode to make sure the computer is clean?

keep tapping F8 when you switch on and select safe mode from the list that appears.

you say it counts down then restarts.... does the window in which you see this countdown look like this? it could be blaster maybe click here

ace121pk 00:01 04 May 05

in safe explorer.exe keeps crashing, i get a message sayin do u wish to send error report about explorer.exe, countdown screen looks exactly like that but refers to services.exe

hugh-265156 00:47 04 May 05

still not sure sorry try this.

click 'start/run' then type in 'Shutdown -a' (without quotes) and click ok. that should stop the shutdown.

next download stinger from click here run it and let it remove anything it finds.

if that fixes your problem install, update and run any antivirus software regularly. avg is a good free one click here

click here and click 'custom install' then install any updates for windows listed as 'high priority'

might help.

ace121pk 23:42 06 May 05

i can get into windows now, with out many of the loading errors, i downloaded stinger, started scanning, and 10mins later i keep getting the BSOD, sayin win32.sys caused a problem and the system is being shutdown, please help

AndySD 23:58 06 May 05

Try updating your virus checker then booting into safe mode and run both Stinger and you antivirus there.

gudgulf 00:08 07 May 05

When you boot into windows go to Start >Run and type "shutdown -a" (without the quotes and note the space).That should give you time to run your av/stinger without the pc shuting down.

ace121pk 00:12 07 May 05

tried the safe mode option, norton gets stuck at 3015 files, and stinger crashes after 5min of scanning.

AndySD 00:24 07 May 05

click here and try this.

ace121pk 00:33 08 May 05

PNF_LIST_CORRUPT - BSOD appears every time i tried to logon to windows

AndySD 03:56 08 May 05

click here A Corrupt driver. Have you tried system restore click here in safe mode. Or click here may be worth looking at.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…