random power down?

hello, i wondered if anyone can shed some light on this as it's puzzling me, i downloaded a fear patch from gamershell. com, always use them never had a problem. when i extracted the files (was defragging at the time) my pc turned off, no message, beeps or anything. i turned it back on nothing on event viewer and strangley no trace of my patch, anywhere?
i have updated av and done a full scan with norton ad aware and an on line one with trend all clear.
this happened last night by the way, i have been at hospital all day and while i was there some body played need for speed at full settings for 5 hours with no problems at all, i have just ran the nvidia stability test on complete sytem for 90 mins again no problem.
so all seems ok, but im worried about downloading my patch again just in case.
is there any reason the pc turned off (it's the one i upgraded myself!) all temps ok, and pc has been very stable of late, any ideas please?

SANTOS7 19:43 07 May 07

Not entirely sure BUT i cannot see the point of defragging while loading files to your HDD rather defeats the object, the two may be related....

rdave13 19:49 07 May 07

Agree with SANTOS7, installing files while Windows is busy moving them is not a good idea.

i did wonder, it was defragging while i was doing my tea and i thought, i know i'll stick that little patch on fear i keep forgeting about! wont do it again!
thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…