Random errors happening in system

PvG 18:00 07 Feb 05

I feel that some is lurking in my system and making little changes to Word, here and there. I have run SpyBot, CW Shredder and a2. This were found and cleaned but errors still occur.
My question is - would it be advisable to restore to the first Restore Point, and if so, would that get rid of any “nasties” that might be lurking there? If I have a virus, Trojan whatever, will this be eliminated by Restoring to an earlier time? Other avenue would be a re-install, any advice if I want to go down this road?

Jackcoms 18:51 07 Feb 05

As you have System Restore, you should switch it off (you'll lose all your restore points) and run all your scans again.

Also try click here
and click here

By turning off System Restore and scanning, you should 'flush out' any nasties caught in memory between restore points. Don't forget to re-enable System Restore when you've finished scanning.

For permanent real-time protection install click here
and click here

Jackcoms 22:00 07 Feb 05

Please do NOT reply to posts by clicking on the yellow envelope, unless invited to do so, as this sends an e-mail direct to the Forum member.

You asked me, by e-mail, "If I turn off System Restore and scan, does that mean that I will loose all of my previous restore points?".

Yes, you will lose all your restore points - which is what I said in my post.

But, if you believe you have a nasty in your system, the only way to ensure that your system is properly scanned is by disabling System Restore before scanning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…