Random Blackouts

Crazygeorge3 21:08 01 May 07

Hey,
I recently upgraded to windows vista Ultimate 64Bit from Windows XP Media centre edition. At first everything was fine. Then i installed a video game. It came up with an error invlovling Directx 9.0c so i reinstalled it. Ever since i have been getting random short Screen blackouts. They last for a second then it returns to normal. After a while they stop but they happen frequently at startup. I reinstalled DX9 again however there is no change
Why is this? any ideas?
Thanks very much

Technotiger 23:18 01 May 07

Hi, only guessing, but I suspect that you might have been better-off getting the 32Bit version rather than the 64Bit. If you Google "Vista 32bit or 64bit" you might get more detailed information.

woodchip 23:26 01 May 07

I would like to know, as I have started getting them on Win98se just the odd one now and again. Only on the Internet

phono 23:41 01 May 07

I would imagine that there is absolutely nothing in common with your problem and that of Crazygeorge3.

The two OSs are several generations apart and Crazygeorge3's is 64Bit, so I would doubt if either had much in common.

Having said that, we are talking about Windows.

phono 22:42 02 May 07

I would suggest that as this is a Directx 9.0c error you should check your video and soundcard drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009