This Ramdisk thing!!

bretsky 22:05 20 Feb 04

Hi people, Just downloaded the above, brilliant!!

Just one though, how do you change the file system. Downloaded the basic version for XP, and in the screen shots it shows file system can be changed on reboot, however, on my download can't see it anywhere!!!

Changed file size to 63.7Mb and drive letter with no problem.

Looked at Lozzies original thread, and I'm not the only one out there.

Could somebody out there let me know.

Many thanx........................bretsky;0)

Chegs ® 23:41 20 Feb 04

If you Right-Click the RAM Drive,select "Format" it offers to format in FAT/NTFS.I just tried it,only the drive is presently in use,so it wouldn't complete.I presume its an option during the creation process,but I haven't spotted it yet,although the .pdf when I viewed it shows another window with several filesystem types.I just reread the .pdf and this option is only available on the Pro version.

bretsky 00:02 21 Feb 04

Yes like yourself, I tried this but got the message "widows is not able to format this drive, close all windows apps and try agian" did this, and still wasn't going to do it!even when I rebooted still couldn't do it.

Thanx anyway chegs, if you succeed let me know.

Cheers .................bretsky;0)

Chegs ® 00:54 21 Feb 04

Had a good old poke about with RAMDISK.Its not possible to alter the filesystem on the free version,you need to upgrade to "Standard/Pro" versions to get a larger disc,and you cannot use FAT32 on a disc smaller than 64Mbs.I was messing around with RAMDISK's from the various links in Lozzy's thread and one of them gave me upto 1024Mbs RAMDISK,but I crashed my pc when I was messing round in Linux,and lost all my recent d/l's(the bigger RAMDISK file too)If I ever manage to relocate it,I will switch to it instead,and email you the link to.

bretsky 01:21 21 Feb 04

Cheers me dears, I thought as much.

Thanx for your response.

bretsky;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac