rambus does it perform/reliable

Newuser378 21:33 22 Feb 03

I am thinking of putting rambus in a new system i intend to build is rambus as fast as reviews make out and is it reliable can anyone advise, as very few dealers sell rambus
dh

climb45 23:18 02 Jan 05

Rambus memory is meant to be fast for fast games and complex video editing. I don't find it good for running several applications at the same time. I often run IE, Outlook, Word, Excel etc together and find, with 512Mb RDRam, that the applications are slow to load and the response time much longer than with DDR. RDRam is also VERY expensive when compared to DDR memory and much less widely available. Few, if any, computer providers use Rambus memory nowadays and therefore it is very likely that RDRam will become even more scarce/expensive in the future. If you do go for it, fit as much as you can afford (minimum 1Gb).

temp003 10:09 03 Jan 05

As climb45 says, you will find it difficult to buy a motherboard for a new system which supports Rambus (and the latest Intel CPUs), as all recent P4 chipsets support only DDR or DDR2 memory (as far as I'm aware). Realistically, you can ignore a new Rambus system as a possibility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…