RAM upgrade-pagefile problem and solution

squareye 16:17 22 May 03

I recently added some ram memory,in fact doubled it to 512mb.I had previously had my swapfile set at a fixed size-min & max 384mb to avoid fragging.When I decided to increase this to 768mb, I just went to the box and changed the number, immediately I got a blue screen telling me things had to be shut down to protect windows,same again after a reboot. eventually it restarted but only with the original size swapfile.After,a while I tried setting "no swapfile", reboot was ok, then put in the new size and bingo no problem,perhaps the filesize is in a protected folder or cache?.Patting myself on the head here, but I think a lot of people will be buying memory at the moment,its easy but there can be the odd snag.

Lú-tzé 17:37 22 May 03

Thanks for the advice; worth bearing in mind as I had never heard of it before, nor experienced any problems with upping RAM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…