RAM upgrade for Acer Aspire help

danjwant 16:49 20 Dec 14

Hi all. This is my first time using this forum, so if i'm in the wrong place, please say so. Thanks in advance.

I've recently purchased the Acer Aspire V3-572G Laptop, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 15.6", Silver. I want to upgrade the RAM from the 8GB to 16GB as I use rendering software a lot which is very CPU intensive. I understand this laptop comes with two RAM slots that are currently filled with 2 x 4GB modules. I want to replace these with 2 x 8GB modules to make the total 16GB RAM.

It seems there is very little information available online for this laptop as if it's a new model or one where very few units were manufactured. So if anyone knows much about this model, that would be good.

I would really like to know what sort of RAM module pair I should purchase. I understand there are different types of RAM such as DDR3 DDR3L and different speeds. Some people have suggested if the module physically fits, it will work while others say I must be very careful with which type of RAM module I buy. I am very unsure on the exact module that is compatible with this laptop so if anyone knows or can advise on what modules to buy, I would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot, Dan.

tullie 16:53 20 Dec 14

Try a Crucial scan.click here

tullie 16:57 20 Dec 14

Sorry thats the US site,but you will be redirected.

northumbria61 18:15 21 Dec 14

It appears RAM is shown as DDR3L SDRAM for all the V3 Range- Acer Specification

northumbria61 18:18 21 Dec 14

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos