ram trickling away

canard 15:13 03 Feb 06

Have run AVG,adaware, asquared and spybot- nada. Tried Trend housecall and get this message- HouseCall unfortunately does not support multibyte character sets yet. Please come back for updates.
Anyone any ideas? Firewall log reveals incoming UDP constantly trying to reach Beijing media [but all UDP traffic is blocked].

MidgetMan 16:52 03 Feb 06

Have you had a look in running tasks to see what is there? Beijing media is I assume click here

canard 23:31 03 Feb 06

Clicked your url- never seen this webpage before! Yes I've checked running tasks and don't recognize instawrap- nothing useful about it on google. Had installed latest Firefox and win media player 9- which refuses to uninstall via add remove programs and has no uninstaller of its own. Looked in FF forum but no complaints about ram trickling away. System monitor shows the memory number falling steadily??????????????

Minkey1 23:48 03 Feb 06

If your Firewall is Zone Alarm I had this problem with a ZA process draining RAM away ?

canard 22:55 04 Feb 06

No firewall is Sygate. Have somehow got rid of beijing media and have uninstalled new Firefox and reinstalled prev. Ram somewhat better but not nearly back to as it oughta be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…