Ram speed vs Cpu Temperature

ricoragav 20:40 10 Feb 14
Answered

Hi,

I am new to pcs basically. I am upgrading my pc one by one for cpu over overheating and frequent shutdown problems. My spec is,

Motherboard: M2N68 AM plus Ram: DDR2 333 x 2 Nvidia gts 8800 512. 32" monitor

The issue I had at first is that the pc was restarting quite a lot of times when watching hq movies or playing games like COD and Battlefield. I googled a bit and assumed that it could be a ram problem. I can understand that the cpu is getting high temperature as i have a stock fan in cpu, graphics card fan and smps fan. So I have made my plans to upgrade my ram. This case, could someone please tell if i change my ram to a 4gb stick at 800 or more mhz, what difference would it make to my pc. What is the connections between ram speed and cpu temperature. Will my cpu get even high temperature if i upgrade it to a higher speed in ram? Please advice. Thanks in advance

regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:01 10 Feb 14
Answer
  1. Clean the PC case and heatsink of all fluff and dust, there will be a layer of fluff trapped between the cpu fan and heat sink which means you will need to renove the fan from the heatsink to get rid of it.

2. DDR2 333 x 2? do you mean 2G of ram more RAM will make a difference but if you run a 32bit system then windows can only access about 3.5G of a 4g sick. May be worth running memtest to check the RAm you have is not faulty

ricoragav 19:08 11 Feb 14

Hey Fruit Bat,

Thanks for the information. I will keep it posted here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…