RAM Speed discrepancy problem

Belatucadrus 12:57 29 Nov 04

Since reformatting my Medion, the RAM frequency and timings has been wrong, being clocked at 100Mhz and not 133Mhz. As a result my PC2100 stick is being operated as a PC1600. This is despite the fact that the Award BIOS is set to read the speed automatically from the SPD, which is correct according to Everest. I've tried manually resetting the memory timings in the BIOS, but can't find anything to reset the speed. Which is irritating as it's shown in the manual, just not actually there on screen. So I'm now open to suggestions, I can't see any useful RAM clocking utilities that support my MS-6507 MOBO, either on MicroStars website or elsewhere. Should I clear the CMOS and try starting again, or just leave well alone ?

ACOLYTE 13:15 29 Nov 04

On my mobo you have to press ctrl/F1 to acsess the other options that dont show up normally maybe you need to do something similar,should tell you in the manual if you do.I dont think the SPD option actually reads the Mhz it's the option to read cas latency T3/T2 etc,you need the CPU set up page of the bios to set the cpu speed.

Belatucadrus 19:14 29 Nov 04

Thanks Acolyte, but there only appears to be one option on BIOS screen available and it differs somewhat from the manual having no sign of the option to set memory speed. Fortunately the CPU speed is OK so I've no problem with that.
I've e-mailed MSI and will try Medion to see if they have any suggestions. Until that point I'm setting the latencies manually and will leave it.

Unless anybody has any more suggestions ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…