Ram Speed

simonp1 08:03 26 Jan 04

i have 400 ddr ram, yet when i run a benchmark ( ie SI sandra ) not one program has been able to read the mhz,

Is this a problem??

Does anyone have a little program to test just ram

Thanks

A Cat Called George 08:45 26 Jan 04

The MGHz rating applied to ram is a little misleading as ram itself does not have a clock speed. The quoted MGHz rating instead refers to the speed of the FSB of the motherboard and is the highest speed for which the ram is rated. The figure that really matters, and which most testing programs will give you, is the memory bandwidth which tells you how fast data can written to and read from ram. It is this bandwidth figure which determines how fast the ram actually performs in your system. The "PC" figure, i.e. PC3200, tells you what this bandwidth is. PC3200 means 3200 MBs/second.

simonp1 08:57 26 Jan 04

Thanks for that, still not getting memory bandwidth either although they are PC3200....

DieSse 09:02 26 Jan 04

PC3200 is a very recent RAM type - it's very possible that Sandra simply doesn't know about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…