RAM slots 0 and 1, shared BUS?

g40 18:55 02 May 06

I read somewhere that it is better to place RAM modules in slots 1 and 3 as 1 and 2 share the same BUS. I am not too sure about this aspect of configuration ans wonder if anyone would like to tell me what they know about this or if theres any truth in the matter.

howard63 20:50 03 May 06

your mobo manual should tell you which slots to use. The modern mobos have colour coded slots often green and mauve. My manual says do not fill mauve slots until green are full. But it then goes on to show 1 in the first green and 1 in the first mauve slot. With the 2 in the green slots it would not boot. I had to put 1 in each and it works perfectly.

Totally-braindead 21:08 03 May 06

Did you not already ask this in another thread or am I thinking of someone else?

Anyway, if the motherboard takes dual channel memory and you wish to use it as such you normally have to put in 1 and 3. If you want to use it as normal you use 1 and 2. It really depends on your motherboard and the manual will tell you as howard63 has pointed out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…