RAM Question & Wireless Router Question

wrg 17:31 25 Apr 07

I am about to replace my RAM on my laptop. It currently has 2 256modules which I am going to replace with 2 512 modules. Is there anything I need to be aware of before I change them over?

Also I have a problem connecting wirelessly to the internet on my laptop when I am in the conservatory. The router is upstairs and is a USR MAXg ADSL gateway. I understand that because it is upstairs that it can be difficult to pick up downstairs. I have seem the MIMO routers. Would one of these help overcome my problem?

Sorry if I am not supposed to post two questions on one post

Fingees 18:33 25 Apr 07

Go to

click here

when connected choose to let crutial scan computer, it will tell you what can be fitted.

If you buy from them, there is a lifetime warranty,

Re router try , if the aerials are movable, to put them horizontal.

FreeCell 20:53 25 Apr 07

If your conservatory has K glass (UV reflective) then it will be a barrier to radio waves as the glass has a very thin metal coating.

Otherwise try as Fingees says and change the angle of the aerial if possible.

MIMOs are generally better than single aerial routers as they work by picking up a "best" signal. problem is you may need a compatible MIMO wireless card for the laptop.

wrg 09:54 26 Apr 07

Fingees

Thanks for your response have already ordered the ram from crutial and it is arriving today. Have tried putting the aerial horizontal and still causes a problem.

FreeCell

Very good thought my conservatory does have K glass. I am currently using a USB linksys device with my laptop. Would it be better if I was to attach the MIMO to a computer that is situated downstairs which my children use? Having said that though I bought my wife a new laptop last month that has built in wireless and she can connect without a problem

Once again thank you both for your response

FreeCell 10:43 26 Apr 07

wrg
We have the similar problem with our conservatory. Radio reception and mobile reception are poor.

ANother option is to try a different antenna on the router. USR do have alternatives and there are genrics that may also fit.
click here

wrg 12:45 26 Apr 07

FreeCell

Thanks for that I will probably give it a go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…