RAM probs

mysterious_543 18:40 12 Mar 03

Ive been having probs with a new RAM chip i bought and found some black spots/scratches on the gold contacts.

Assuming that they are spots how (if possible) do i clean them off??

Assuming that they are scracthes or damage to the contacts is my memory completely "Knackered"??

I tried to use norton to test the memory but it syas the test fails and gives an address. My system keeps freezing when I am and am not using it. please help

Gongoozler 19:07 12 Mar 03

mysterious_543, if your memory stick has discolouration of the contacts, then I think it must be corrosion, and this can only happen if the gold has been removed. If a new stick has corrosion then I think it should be returned for a replacement. The gold plating will be very thin and is not intended for frequent insertion. It is also possible that the memory stick has been misused and the damage may be more extensive than just damaged gold plating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…