RAM Problems?

Elrond 19:17 13 Feb 04

If i get a pop up saying "The instruction blah blah referenced memory at "0x0000000". The memory could not be written" Should I be worried that my RAM is unwell?
System:
AMD XP1800+
2X256MB DDR RAM
1X128MB DDR RAM
Total = 560MB DDR RAM
WinXP Home

JIM 19:29 13 Feb 04

but would first have a recheck on any downloads or drivers that you may have installed of late.Any changes to your sytem since the popup?

Elrond 19:31 13 Feb 04

No, havent downloaded and installed anything for ages.

JIM 19:46 13 Feb 04

What are you actualy doing /running when the message appears,how many programs/have you open.

Have you checked information via task/manager and checked to see if all is as it should be.Pagefile size,performance etc.

Also look in he "event viewer" to see what may be listed under the systems for error report and applacations for any hints.

If popups are really frequent take out a stick of ram and swap around to see if any change.but check for other sources first.

Elrond 19:50 13 Feb 04

It pops up every time I close visual basic and It just popped up when I was running a little program I'd written in C++. My pagefile is 700MB min 700MB max. I'm not running any other progs a the same time.

JIM 20:07 13 Feb 04

I believe that some versions of visual basic with XP that may be the problem, not your Ram. Known for poss problems more so when running the code than closing the program.

Sorry i am not able to answer on visual basic but will post any info that may help if found.

Elrond 20:08 13 Feb 04

cheers for any help JIM its much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…