RAM Problem

Legslip 14:45 05 Feb 11

My MESH pc had 2x 2gb DDR3 sticks of RAM installed. It kept crashing to Blue Screen and I identified the problem as being one og the RAM sticks at fault. Ran it for a long time on 2gb after finding the pro. I went to my local PC supplier this a.m. and purchased a new stick of 2gb DDR3 Ram and when I install it iwth the existing stick the PC wont boot. I can use each stick individually OK. Any idea of the problem? The new RAM is Patriot.

GaT7 14:50 05 Feb 11

What's the motherboard make & model?

Or, if you run a scan at Crucial click here, what memory is being offered? Post the link you get. G

Legslip 14:52 05 Feb 11

Mbd is an ASUS M4A785T-M.

Legslip 14:53 05 Feb 11

Crossbow, Did a Crucial scan with both sticks in individually and Crucial offered similar memory as additions to both. Hope thats clear.

GaT7 14:58 05 Feb 11

I notice the motherboard accepts both ECC & non-ECC RAM click here / click here.

There's a possibility that one module is ECC while the other is non-ECC, which cannot be used at the same time.

What are the makes & model numbers of both RAM modules? G

Legslip 15:04 05 Feb 11

Thanks Crossbow

1. Patriot PSD32G13332H
Also has a label Patriot Signature 2GB DDR3 1333 CL9

2. Elixir M2Y2G64CB8HC5N-CG 1004.TW

Any help?

GaT7 15:24 05 Feb 11

Both are non-ECC so should be OK.

Did you try one Elixir module at a time?

If they both work then the problem could be the slot. G

Legslip 15:41 05 Feb 11

Thanks Crossbow. Got to go out for rest of day but will pick up your thread in the morning. Have a good evening.
Legslip

User-312386 17:36 05 Feb 11

Try the original ram in the 2nd slot by itself if you get no post then you know its the slot. If its the slot get some compressed air in a canistor and give it a good blast

Legslip 12:21 06 Feb 11

Morning All. Think i've cracked it. Went on the Mbd Manufacturers web site and found the user guide. It outlined memory being installed in channels. Think I was putting one stick in Cnan. A and the other in Chan B. Have now put them both in A and all seems to be working OK.

A little knowledge can be a dangerouse thing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac