Ram Problem

Ex plorer 13:23 15 Jun 06

Hi I have just swapped my ram 1Gig from one PC to another as it is used most of the time.

I ran a test with Belrac and it shows in
Memory modules - 896 Megabytes Installed Memory,
I know 128 is been used by graphics.

Slot 'A0' has 256 MB
Slot 'A1' is Empty
Slot 'A2' is Empty
Slot 'A3' has 256 MB
Why dose it not show 512 MB in slot AO & A3

SIW shows 937,934,848 bytes (895 MB)

Systems info shows
Physical Memory 895 MB Total, 607 MB Free

In systems Control Panel it shows 896MB

My board is a: RS400SB400
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG.
I cant find anything on my board to check that I have used the right slots.

Ex

rodriguez 13:30 15 Jun 06

If you have 2 RAM modules they should normally be inserted into slots next to each other and in the slots closest to the CPU. Try moving the module that's in slot A3 into slot A1 and see if it registers correctly.

Ex plorer 13:42 15 Jun 06

The slots are in pairs, one Blue and one Red.
when I removed them from my other PC one was in the Blue in one bank and the other in the red on the other bank so I did the same.

Ex plorer 19:24 15 Jun 06

Will there be any undue affects even if its not reading correctly, is it ok to swap Ram around with out doing damage to the Ram or system untill it shows 500MB.
The PC is faster and thats for sure than the 500MB it had in before.

ed-0 19:46 15 Jun 06

it's probably just belrac reading Just one set of memory chips on each module, They do that some times. It may also be because that motherboard has dual channel memory. I think~~?

If all the other signs say you have a grand total of 1Gb+. Then thats fine. " other ways to check

1) is cpu-z click here Use the spd tab and read all of the drop down box slot# settings.

2) this is the easiest.Ctrl + Alt + delete and open the performance tab. Under physical memory. What is the total and available sizes?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…