RAM Problem

harveyt 15:27 12 Sep 04

I have purchased RAM card from EBAY. It is 256 mb SDRAM PC133 / PC100 UNBUFFERED ECC. I have noticed this card has 9 chips on each side but current RAM has 8 only. It fits in slot ok and runs on its own but when run with both cards still only 256 mb RAM - is this cards useless to me now. I am still very much a computer novice.

stalion 15:58 12 Sep 04

this is the best place to purchase memory if you enter your computer details it will tell you the compatible memory for yours
click here

harveyt 16:16 12 Sep 04

Thank you. Although I have the Everest program, my computer was bought at a small shop where they build themselves and I can't the system at this website?

VoG II 16:29 12 Sep 04

If you run Belarc Advisor click here it will tell you which motherboard you have. You can then enter those details at click here

harveyt 18:40 18 Sep 04

Thank you very much I see the RAM I need. Just one more question. I think I have 168 pin DIMM already installed - does this mean I have to install same in other slot or can I have 184 pin and 168 pin running tobether

researcher 19:00 18 Sep 04

Motherboards usually restrict you to using one type of ram pin, so if you have 168 stick to it.

Rayuk 19:02 18 Sep 04

Does your board have 2 different types of memory slots?if so you cannot mix and match them you have to use one type or the other.
Never come across non-ECC sdram with 9 chips each side
What does Everest say the memory is?

Rayuk 19:05 18 Sep 04

You have bought ECC memory,think you may find your motherboard doesnt support itclick here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…