ram or motherboard

Garthyy 09 Apr 12

my computer suddenly goes slow and freezes now the startup is taking ages, i have done anti virus and spyware checks and all is cllear. this morning it booted up ok but as soon as i opened ie and typed a letter in the pc froze and i got bsod. it said hardware failure, any ideas?

KRONOS the First 09 Apr 12

It would help if when posting a thread like this to actually mention one or two details about your PC.

Motherboad? how much ram? operating system? BSOD error code? it will be something like 0x800ccc0f and an error message,something like, IRQLNOTGREATEROREQUAL.

So if you could post a few details, it would help.

Garthyy 09 Apr 12

asus striker2 nse 4gb ram, windows7 pro, wd 2tb caviar black hdd 18 months old. nvidia 260 graphics card.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09 Apr 12

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest http://www.memtest86.com/

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

Garthyy 10 Apr 12

on a whim I put in an old hard drive and it is all up and working so looks like a new harddrive. Any recommendations my wd black was very qquick compared to this drive - now on vista.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message