ram or motherboard

Garthyy 13:08 PM 09 Apr 12

my computer suddenly goes slow and freezes now the startup is taking ages, i have done anti virus and spyware checks and all is cllear. this morning it booted up ok but as soon as i opened ie and typed a letter in the pc froze and i got bsod. it said hardware failure, any ideas?

KRONOS the First 13:30 PM 09 Apr 12

It would help if when posting a thread like this to actually mention one or two details about your PC.

Motherboad? how much ram? operating system? BSOD error code? it will be something like 0x800ccc0f and an error message,something like, IRQLNOTGREATEROREQUAL.

So if you could post a few details, it would help.

Garthyy 14:08 PM 09 Apr 12

asus striker2 nse 4gb ram, windows7 pro, wd 2tb caviar black hdd 18 months old. nvidia 260 graphics card.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:37 PM 09 Apr 12

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest http://www.memtest86.com/

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

Garthyy 21:32 PM 10 Apr 12

on a whim I put in an old hard drive and it is all up and working so looks like a new harddrive. Any recommendations my wd black was very qquick compared to this drive - now on vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know