RAM not registering at startup

Figgis 11:11 29 Aug 03

I am currently running , athlon 1800xp, kt3mobo,512ddr ram,windowsxphome and a gforce mx440 graphics card.
On start up when the system does the ram test it only registers 256 or 384mb. A ha i hear you say, dodgy chips or not seated correctly. i have tried reseating the ram but to no effect. Now the mystery, if i swith off,not restart, then swith on the ram registers fine this happens 100% of the time, which makes me think it is not a dodgy chip, could it be a bios problem. Any one got an idea. Cheers.

Grantrh 11:23 29 Aug 03

If you think it is a bios problem, try updating the bios from a file on the manufacturers website.

I also think its worth moving the RAM chips into other spare memory slots. (consult your motherboard manual first)

Bodi 13:13 29 Aug 03

Move your RAM sticks into another slot, 1 & 3, 2 & 3 or populate all 3 of them. I found that it was slot 3 that held the key for me - after some good advice on here.

Bodi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…