RAM Modules

gcha 18:58 05 Jul 04

I have acquired an older PC on which I wish to upgrade the RAM. It is currently using 168 pin 100MHz SDRAM. These seem almost immpossible to get here. Can I use 133MHz modules which I accept will work at the lower rating?

Diodorus Siculus 19:04 05 Jul 04

Yes, you should be ok but it can never be guaranteed... some motherboards can be fussy about it.

For what it's worth, I have done this fairly often and it works ok.

pj123 19:25 05 Jul 04

"These seem almost immpossible to get here" Where is "here"? Yes, PC133 will work in a PC100 memory slot, but only at PC100 speed.

Dorsai 19:32 05 Jul 04

Where is 'Here'?

The Here that i am at (so to say), has one 64Mb,two 128Mb, and one 512Mb PC133 SDram modules in a box in a cuboard (spelt wrong i'm sure) looking for a PC to work in....Though i would not know how to sell one to you so that we both felt safe in the transaction....Otherwise go to Ebay...plenty for sale there...like me lots of others have this memory left over from upgrades (as do I).

gcha 19:46 06 Jul 04

Here is Rural South Africa ! I will give it a go.

Sorry about the dual posting - my first effort did not appear in my postings list - nor did the second for that matter.

Dorsai 19:59 06 Jul 04

Rural South Africa Would go a long way to explain why 'These seem almost immpossible to get here'

Don't really know what to suggest. I have a 64Mb Pc100 ram stick sat on my desk next to me now, wrapped in an anti-static bag as i type. there are also two 128Mb & a 512Mb Pc133 sticks in a box. Wont go in my PC as it uses PC2100 ram, and came off the old MObo i used. I dont need it, can't use it, but it seems a shame to chuck in the bin, as it always worked fine for me.

rickimalone 20:04 06 Jul 04

Yes what you are saying should be fine, use these guy's for piece of mind:click here

gcha 19:06 10 Jul 04

I would dearly like to make an offer for your redundant RAM but I fear they would not make it through the post! - our postman tends to loose his cleft stick every so often. Anything to do with comnputers has a very ready market and in any case transfering funds overseas is a bit of a pain.

Dorsai 19:15 10 Jul 04

I know what you are saying. Have never tried to transfer money overseas, but can imagine the hassel it must be.

As for potentially light fingered postmen, ours have been in the new in the UK lately, for just this reason, and i can only assume that this is a worlwide problem.

Ho Hum. Then i guess there is impost/export tax too. well, the offer stays open.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…