RAM memory upgrade

Mrpmr 19:07 18 Jan 05

Hi im new to these forums so sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Anyway I currently have a PC with 256MB of PC133 memory. To make it faster for some applications, particularly a game im thinking of buying called World Of Warcraft, im want to upgrade the RAM.

The stuff ive found is detailed below:

Ebuyer 256MB PC133 168pin Extra Value SDRAM

What id like to know is firstly does anyone know if this is good stuff to buy and secondly I cant decided between buying 2 X 256MB so I have a total of 768MB or just buying one so I have 512MB, is there any benefit to either.

Thanks for your time:)

VoG II 19:10 18 Jan 05

Windows 98 & Me are limited to 512 MB I believe.

Diodorus Siculus 19:10 18 Jan 05

Generally speaking, the more the better with RAM; but how useful it will be depends on your OS - win98 will not easily manage more than 512mb.

Take a look at click here and enter your details; it will tell you what's what.

swanny2 19:18 18 Jan 05

what does the product line mean when u go too the site above im wanting upgrade as well a compaq i have.......ty

Mrpmr 19:18 18 Jan 05

When i bought the PC it came with windows me. However i upgraded it to windows xp, which it seems to run fine.

citadel 22:38 18 Jan 05

I would get a stick of 512 and put it in the slot nearest to the processor and move the 256 to the next slot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…