ram memory and readyboost question please

acein1 29 Oct 11

hi all, i have 3gb of ram memory on board, and im also using 3.5gb of readyboost on a usb dongle,(windows 7 64bit), my question?? would i be better off with say 6gb of unboard memery, and forget about "readyboost" mant thanks for any ideas suggestions

rdave13 29 Oct 11

Readyboost is a cache facility really for the slower hdd. Disabled for SSDs as no benefit is found. I think you would be better off with more onboard ram but depends what you use your PC for. Have a read here.

acein1 29 Oct 11

many thanks for that,now i understand it better cheers

wossie 30 Oct 11

Have a look here there is some very interesting info. You can use multiple Flash drives each up to 4Gb http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReadyBoost ps get English lessons.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message