Ram issues & buzzing noise....Please Help!

kibblelee 07:00 23 Feb 15

Hi I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I purchased a custom built PC for my wife last year from a company I had used before, without any issues. However this latest PC has two issues I cant determine and unfortunately the company has gone into administration!

It is a desktop PC with AMD FX8320 eight core processor, Biostar A960D+ MB, 8GB DDR3 Ram and ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics.

The first issue is that if I run it with more than one stick of ram, it crashes into the blue screen. I did a memtest and found one stick of ram to be faulty, so returned to the manufacturers, who replaced both ram. I installed both ram and the same thing happened again, blue screen. I have taken one stick out, leaving just 4GB and it runs ok.

The next issue is that it buzzes through the speakers most the time paired with a subtle interference type line across the screen at the same time.

I have read forums that keep suggesting new ram, but these have been replaced. I have also read forums saying that there could be an earth loop regarding buzzing, but no suggestion on how this would be tested and fixed.

Any help regarding these issues would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Daisy_Michael 08:26 23 Feb 15

About your RAM, since you are using just one module for now; can you please test the module in the other slot? I just want you to make sure if the 2nd slot for RAM is working fine or not.

The noisy element, can be due to the faulty RAM slot and can also be due to faault cable from the graphics card to your monitor.

I believe resolving one thing would overcome the other.

Thank You,

Akbar

alanrwood 10:28 23 Feb 15

Are you using the correct slots for the ram sticks. Usually they are the same colour sockets.

kibblelee 13:25 23 Feb 15

Hi, There are only two slots for the ram on the MB

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced