ram help

FOEYDO 11:41 24 Oct 09

I have just taken delivery of a new pc, where I had ordered 6mb of memory, when I go to system info it says I have 3.25gb of ram. I have been to crucial and done a scan and it says
Maximum Memory Capacity: 4194304 MB
Currently Installed Memory: 4096 MB
Available Memory Slots: 2
Total Memory Slots: 4

So I dont think I have the 6mb of ram that I paid for before I complain can anyone clarify this and exactly how much memory I have got. I know 6gb is a lot but I need it.

Are you running Windows Vista Windows XP ir Windows 7. First check that your windows is 64bit. Reply Back

FOEYDO 11:54 24 Oct 09

Hi, I am running xp pro service pack 3. I dont know how to check 64bit. thanks for your help

BRYNIT 12:20 24 Oct 09

Down load CPU-Z click here if you click on the spd tab it should tell you how much memory you have in each slot.

john bunyan 12:44 24 Oct 09

BRYNIT's link or Belarc will tell you for sure. I believe, however that unless you have the 64 bit version you can only access a max of, I think, 3.5 RAM. Did you get a free update to Windows 7 offer when you bought the PC - it may be worth you updating to the 64 bit version of W 7, then you can have as much RAM as you like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…