RAM Help

DoctorButcher 18:12 12 Oct 03

I have just put 128MB of PC100 RAM (2 x64MB) into my wife's PC, bringing the total to 192MB. The PC is a P3-450 on a Chaintech motherboard and an AWARD Bios. She doesn't need oodles of power from her machine as it is mostly used for Word, Excel, net surfing and playing The Sims.

When i boot up the machine, the PC detects all the RAM and flags it as OK, but after detecting the HDD & CD-Rom, it flashes up a warning message: "SPD not found at DIMMs 2,3" which are the DIMM sockets where i installed the RAM.

My question is whether the PC will function correctly or if it will be unstable. The PC boots fine into Windows, but this error message is niggling me somewhat.

Any advice or opinions appreciated.

Brian

pinka 18:18 12 Oct 03

have you tried removing and refitting the modules . sounds silly i know , but it sometimes does the trick .

DieSse 18:22 12 Oct 03

You may have bought cheap RAM modules without the SPD on them. If they actually work OK, then I would ignore the message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…