Ram fitting problem

Monco 17:35 08 Dec 03

I bought some extra memory, and I am sure it is the correct type - Pc133 168 pin SDRAM. It will not seat in the slot easily - I have the cut-outs in the right places, but it will not go fully in. Am I being too gentle - should I give it a push? Any suggestions?
Thanks

Diemmess 17:40 08 Dec 03

Be firm with it some slots are more "demanding" than others............I assume you have opened the white clips first?

TommyRed 19:02 08 Dec 03

Mine took more pressure than I thought it would, but ensure it's the correct type. TR

Pesala 19:17 08 Dec 03

The main problem seems to be that the levers are not properly open. Cables can get in the way too. If the memory is not seated properly, it is usually because the levers haven't been closed properly. I think they should pull the chip into the correct position.

From click here

Note: Certain DIMM sockets have minor physical differences. If your module doesn't seem to fit do not force it into the socket. Instead contact the customer service department of the retailer or other outlet from where you bought the RAM. If your DIMM module will not fit into the slot it may be because you have an incompatible module. The notches are different for 3.3V, 5V, buffered, and unbuffered DIMM modules.

Spark6 19:43 08 Dec 03

Fitted two 128MB modules last week. Found that they both were a tight fit.

What worked for me was to engage one of the clips, with the module in as far as I could get it, first and then finalise the other end of the module with the second clip.

Hope this works for you.

james55 19:44 08 Dec 03

Make sure the levers are fully open then press the memory in firmly until the levers close by themselves. Do not use force.

Gaz 25 20:04 08 Dec 03

From the many systems I build, you do have to apply a lot of pressure.

Just ensure that you dont push too hard, but still give it a good strong push.

Make sure the clips are open and push the stick at the center, the motherboard will slighly felx when doing this.

Gaz 25 20:05 08 Dec 03

but as said dont be too hard, or force them in!

Monco 16:28 09 Dec 03

What a great Forum this is. Thanks to all who responded. A little more force did it - plus hooking one clip on, then leaning on the other. They do snap in. Memory shows in BIOS, so seems OK. Monco

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…