RAM fitted

manrow 09:09 27 Mar 08

Can I find out how much/type of RAM fitted to my laptop without removing the existing?

johndrew 09:18 27 Mar 08

Right click `My Computer` it should be at the bottom under `Computer` with details of your CPU.

Totally-braindead 09:40 27 Mar 08

That will tell you the amount but not the type. Try the Crucial Scan and see if that tells you the type click here

manrow 09:55 27 Mar 08

Looking as though I will have to remove it!

How do I tell whether it is DDR2 or whatever?

johndrew 12:17 27 Mar 08

Download Everest Home Free click here go to `Motherboard` then `SPD` and you will find full details.

Totally-braindead 13:17 27 Mar 08

Or the Crucial website will tell you.

manrow 20:58 27 Mar 08

Totally-braindead

You are quite right, the Crucial website does have a scan facility to tell me what RAM is installed and what they have available for most PCs. Mine was not listed but they encourage an email to be sent so they can advise.

Totally-braindead 17:04 29 Mar 08

I meant that if the scan failed you could manually check to see if your laptop is listed and if it is that that would tell you what your computer can take. Although its maybe not listed and to be fair theres so many laptops now I suppose it would impossible to list them all.

Sorry should have said what I meant.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…