Ram Change

Digit 13:55 01 Jul 05

Hi
I have just installed some new ram from crucial I went through there system selecting what typ of ram I needed for my PC which is a Advent 3101.

I ordered 256 meg of Sdram (PC 100 322 620ram) Difference is on the 256 meg of sdram is 222 whereas the two old ones are (PC 223 620).

I tried running the new 256 on its own and it works fine which adds up to more than the other two put together.

The other two sets of ram are of 128 meg & 64meg.

The computer just dose not seems to run any faster so I checked through Norton Utilities.
The following message cam up.

Testing 4 patterns on 469762048 bytes of memory test details.

Testing memory-using pattern with all bits cleared …. Error detected at address 212652032.

I am running ME.

I purchased a new ME CD from eBay with all registration and has not been used, if I re install will that fix it, also would it wipe any of my work.

If this can be rectified without changing the new 256 of ram OK, but i am no wizard so you would have to explain in detail. Thank you
I did earth my self during the fitting of the ram.
I have just tried them all to gether but no joy it just keeps crashing.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…