Is RAM causing PC to run slow ?

balmad 20:41 07 May 06

Hello,
I have e-machine window xp with 1.3 processor and 128 RAM and 40 g hrad drive. Some times I get message that virtual memory is too low. Is it due to the Ram. Is it easy to upgrade RAM and which RAM I should go for ?
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 20:51 07 May 06

Yes, yes and click here

You have way too little ram for XP. 512mb would be an improvment.

Look at crucial and choose the option to scan your pc. From there you can pick what RAM you need. It's simple to fit.

howard63 20:53 07 May 06

yes lack of ram will slow it down 128 mb is not really enough for xp. Go to the crucial site and you can download a tiny prog which will tell you what ram you have and what you need.

ed-0 21:23 07 May 06

For a temorary soultion, till the new ram arrives. Increase you virtual memory.

right click my computer > properties > advanced > performance > advanced > virtual memory > change. Highlight your "C" drive and pick custom size. Place 1000 in the initial size and 1000 in the max box, like this. click here

make sure you pick the set button and then OK.

You may have to reboot the computer.

Meshuga 21:50 07 May 06

bump

phono 21:51 07 May 06

A problem with low virtual memory possibly points to a hard drive that has low free space, righ click on the hard drive icon and click on properties, what free space do you have?

taffyal 08:33 08 May 06

filed

bellababy 15:48 08 May 06

You could try this small freeware programme which I have used for a while having had the same problem but not any more since using FreeRam from <click here>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…