RAM added not recognised

binkitone 12:05 26 Apr 03

Just added 256Mb (DDR PC2100) in slot 1 to an existing 128Mb in slot 2 on a K7T266 Pro(MS-6380)motherboard. I believe I have pushed it in the slot enough as the plasic clips at the sides are closed inline with the adjacent module.
Boots-up as normal but does not appear to recognise the addition memory?
I thought that maybe I have to 'Reset Configuration Data' in BIOS but no such information?
How can I get it to recognise the additional RAM, just thought it would of been automatic? Any help please?

Gaz 25 12:10 26 Apr 03

I dont know, if you bought it maybe they disable it.

I tried everything but all the PC's I have built have had no trouble being upgraded but PC's I have bought do.

RussG 12:17 26 Apr 03

Have you tried Switching the ram round and trying them seperatly. I have had problems with incompatible ram before, you might need to change it, take it back and get them to check it and/or swop it.

binkitone 20:09 26 Apr 03

Thanks for the response, I've been on it on day, contacted 'CRUCIAL'("The Memory Experts")twice they were immediately available and helpful. They were suprise that my original set-up had slot 2 occuplied, so suggested replacing this (128)with the new (256), the machine hung so I put back the old one. Further sugested testing the slots 1 and 3 with the old module and machine hung again at start-ups and even in slot 2 (panic!), but I found you must really firmly press home to get it to work I manage to start-up the old one in slot 2. Trying more firmly in the slot 1 and 3 still couldn't get it to work, so with the new module in slot 2 really firmly pressing hard after the side clips had click it manage to finally start-up with 256Mb. At least I know there no fault with this module (it is now being recognised), I was hoping to have also the additional 128Mb but it now appears that both slots 1 and 3 are suspect I shall have to accept I only have one slot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…