RAM...

linguina 01:55 13 Jan 03
  linguina 01:55 13 Jan 03

Two questions. 1) is too much RAM bad (1GB) if not needed? 2)can I slot in some RAM different from the one I already have? (i.e. SDR and DDR)?
thanks 4 ur help.

chr

Djohn 02:01 13 Jan 03

Yes to both questions, if you wish to upgrade your Ram. then you will need to post with more info. IE: Motherboard/existing ram, make and type, size. Also operating system would help.

Djohn 02:02 13 Jan 03

Sorry read too quick, no to second question.

linguina 02:47 13 Jan 03

Sorry if I didn't give enough info. I have an ABIT motherboard that support up to 4 GB of RAM. running win98sec and at the moment I have 512MB of DDR RAM. I bought the RAM stick from a web site that according to the motherboard you have narrows the options to the best possible choice.
Now, the problem is that there are three type of DDR available and I don't remember what the one I bought is. The only thing I know it is a DDR.
The differences are minimal but there's £30 difference between the three:
DDR PC2100 • CL=2.5 • Unbuffered • ECC • 7.5ns • 2.5V • 64Meg x 72
DDR PC2700 • CL=2.5 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 6ns • 2.5V • 64Meg x 64
DDR PC2100 • CL=2.5 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 7.5ns • 2.5V • 64Meg x 64
The one I have has to be one of the three 'cose I bought it from the same web site. The only thing I remember wasn't the most expensive (which is the first one listed above).

Djohn 03:08 13 Jan 03

512 mb of ram. is usually the maximum recommended for win 98se as more than this can cause problems. There is a way round this, but I don,t think you will see any improvement in performance.

If you D/load this program, it will tell you everything that is in your PC. click here It's only a small D/load and is well worth doing.

If you still wish to upgrade, then wait for others to add to this thread tomorrow and they will advise better than I can. Regards, J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…