RAM

Hi, I checked the amount of RAM in my PC today. I have 8GB but tin brakets beside it, it says 6.86 GB Usable. I have checked the amount of RAM several times and I never say this issue. It just happened today. Does anyone know how to make windows use all 8GBs as I have Windows 7 64-bit? I really hope somebody helps me as I edit 2K video, and I need every last KB of RAM I can get.

Thanks, Aaron G.

gengiscant 13 Aug 11

It doesn't help me find what is wrong, as I have installed no software for 9 weeks and updated nothing. I am puzzled about why I have lost some RAM.

Sorry my problem is fixed, I missed out a step in the help file!!

Thanks gengiscant for your help!!

Aaron G.

gengiscant 13 Aug 11

Try msconfig the boot then advanced option. You will see Number of processors and maximum memory,put a tick in the box.

Thanks for your help, my problem is now fixed by following your advice!!

Aaron G.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message