ram

project 90 18:37 05 May 07

hi guys

what is all this timing stuff on ram? i was looking at the ocz ddr800 gold but i am not sure wheather this is good stuf with the timings after it which are 5-5-5-12.

can any 1 explain these timing to me simply?

i guess from the specs on it though that it will be good gaming ram which my pc is used but as i said i dnt know nothin on these timing things after

plz help or advise other ram for around about £150 for 2 gig

i will be dual using it in dual channel mode so a twinning pack would be good this what i am looking at currently

click here

ta very much

Fingees 19:11 05 May 07

It may be worth your while to visit crucial..
click here

If you have a scan done, it will tell you what type of memory is suitable and, if they supply, it's warranteed for life.

They will also recommend what memory to use, if you click on the appropriate place..
It's worth getting a quote,
All the best

Totally-braindead 20:43 05 May 07

There are so many different types of RAM that its impossible to advise without more info.

I agree with Fingees go to Crucial. They guarantee they will supply the correct memory and guarantee it will work.

citadel 21:34 05 May 07

the timings are the speed the ram takes to do a clock cycle, the smaller the number the faster the ram is, and more expensive

project 90 13:26 06 May 07

i cant seem to get on to the crucial site but i will keep trying

so them timing figures, does that mean that this ram

click here=

is better than this ram

click here

as they are saying the timings are 4-4-4-12 rather than the 5-5-5-12

hope i got this right?.

as for the speeds my mobo can take upto pc6400 which i see is 800mhz so i am guessing it wont take any higher

this is my mobo

click here

it came inside my pc so dnt tell me it poop :)

many thanks for the replys guys

and also is crucial better than ocz or they bout same or is there a manufacture that is the best and really worth the money?

project 90 13:32 06 May 07

1 more thing guys how do u know what speeds my current ram is running at i ran that memtest 86 3.3

It ran a test which took 50 mins but never told me anything bout my ram just it pased the test with no errors
any advise on that nice too

thanks alot u helpful ppl

i love this forums plenty of clever ppl :)

project 90 14:17 06 May 07

ok citidel i was looking on the crucial site and the 2 sets of balistic ram the got 1 is £150 and the other is£99

the set that is £150 has highers timings of 5-5-5-15 where as the other is the 4-4-4-12

i would assume the dearer pair would b quicker they are both 2*1gb stix making 2gb obviously

so any more to add?

this really confusing stuff am getting headache

also i dont really want to over clock it would just prefer it fast out the box so to speak

thnx

citadel 18:03 06 May 07

as you do not want to overclock get the cheapest.

project 90 23:57 06 May 07

so the crucial 4-4-4-12 should do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now