Ram

RussG 18:53 29 Oct 03

I had a problem recently on my second PC. The ram would suddenly drop(i.e. be eaten up by something)
I could tract the offender and eventually upgraded the memory then did a reformat that seems to have solved the problem.

But now this problem has appeared on my main PC (384meg). I am sitting here watching the available memory drop, currently down to 86meg and I only have the internet on. I have cleared out the system tray and closed most of the processes which I don't recognise. I have also run the latest AVG update.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks Russ

Gongoozler 20:28 29 Oct 03

Hi RussG. I think the "Available memory" you're referring to is simply the amount of memory not currently being used by Windows. I would expect Windows to use as much of the memory as it is able for efficient running. If the computer is running smoothly then I don't see that there is a problem.

RussG 20:20 30 Oct 03

Thanks for the reply Gongoozler. Seems to have settled down now but at one point it got down to under 1 meg and evrything ground to a halt.

Anyway I'll see how it goes.

Russ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…