RAID0 failed - how to recover

HillierJ 18:55 23 May 11

Hello and thanks for reading my question. I was running my PC with a 2 sata disk Raid0 array as my boot drive. Suddenly the pc would not boot with these disks. I've been through all a dozen checks and as far as I can work out its a logic problem with the drives rather than something physical. Motherboard bios still see's the "healthy" array and I had hoped to just install a new boot disk and remount the drives but that doesn't seem to be working. How can I recover the data on the raid0 array? I'm running windows 7 and can again see the drives in disk management but cannot mount them. Any ideas?

bremner 20:10 23 May 11

How are the drives described in Disk Management -Unformatted, uninitialised etc?

HillierJ 20:53 23 May 11

Hi bremner, thanks for the response. The 2 disks are showing as seperate uninitialised drives (drive0 and drive2 respectively). I think part of the problem is that win7 doesn't recognise my motherboards raid controller (same as described here I've dl'd the drivers that they recommend but don't understand the procedure for installing them! Could someone lay it out for me in simple terms? Do I need to go into device manager and update the drivers on each of the 8 or so IDE controllers listed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…