RAID0 failed - how to recover

HillierJ 23 May 11

Hello and thanks for reading my question. I was running my PC with a 2 sata disk Raid0 array as my boot drive. Suddenly the pc would not boot with these disks. I've been through all a dozen checks and as far as I can work out its a logic problem with the drives rather than something physical. Motherboard bios still see's the "healthy" array and I had hoped to just install a new boot disk and remount the drives but that doesn't seem to be working. How can I recover the data on the raid0 array? I'm running windows 7 and can again see the drives in disk management but cannot mount them. Any ideas?

bremner 23 May 11

How are the drives described in Disk Management -Unformatted, uninitialised etc?

HillierJ 23 May 11

Hi bremner, thanks for the response. The 2 disks are showing as seperate uninitialised drives (drive0 and drive2 respectively). I think part of the problem is that win7 doesn't recognise my motherboards raid controller (same as described here http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/solved-k8n-neo2-platinum-msi-nforce3-win7-x86-raid0-t72428.html). I've dl'd the drivers that they recommend but don't understand the procedure for installing them! Could someone lay it out for me in simple terms? Do I need to go into device manager and update the drivers on each of the 8 or so IDE controllers listed?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message