RAID - WinXP Install - Drive Detection, Help

matius 23:31 21 Dec 05

I re-installed WinXP Pro the other day and it no longer detected my 2nd hard drive (80G).

My Computer showed the C - 40G drive and Z - Partition (RAID 1+0 - Stripe non-physical drive).

Believing that RAID was the problem, I installed again without installing the RAID drivers, that didn't work...it was still there. Then, I tried to erase the RAID ARRAY in the startup utility, the array just re-configured itself.

Last night I installed Partition Magic to see what it could do, after reboot, my 80G drive showed back up (WTF-?). It is however in Disk Management & PM broken into two dynamic drives (see link below, referring to Disk 3 & 4). I also created almost 40G unallocated space also- I don't know how to get rid of that.

PM Screenshot: click here

So, I am looking for a way to utilize my 80G drive, and the C drive - no dynamics...just plain old usage without losing the material on the drive.

Can I do this without removing RAID? If not, how do I get rid of RAID. Can Partition Magic help me some how in the process?

Thanks very much!

ICF 07:05 22 Dec 05

Why do you need raid enabled?I thought you needed two hard drives the same to have raid.

Have you changed anything before or after you reinstalled XP? ie hard drive jumpers or cables

Did it work in this configuration before the re-installation of XP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…