Raid setup

flyingpeterpan 16:24 09 Apr 04

Hi everyone,I want to set up raid(striping) on my system, but what's the proper procedure? I have done a mirror raid before but without success,my system is Athlon64 3400+ Abit KV8-MAX3 MBOARD 1GB RAM(Crucile)2xWestern Digital WD 740(74GB) RAPTOR Window XP Pro and I am running it on a single Maxtor ATA 133 now, please help me if anyone out there could?

SANTOS7 16:29 09 Apr 04
  ade.h 16:49 09 Apr 04

As you have an Abit board (like me) I'll assume it has an onboard Highpoint controller, possibly HPT374 - click here for a very good guide. It actually describes a mirror array on an HPT370 chip, but the procedure is basically the same with a couple of different menu choices. The screenshots on this site are particularly useful. Post back if you need more detailed advice.

flyingpeterpan 16:54 09 Apr 04

SANTOS7
Thanks I'll look through it later, my system does support RAID,it has both intel & silicon raid chip

mrdsgs 16:56 09 Apr 04

santos7

i think you are linking to a linux software raid setup, rather than windows hardware raid using motherboard raid controller.

but i could be wrong !

mrdsgs

SANTOS7 17:03 09 Apr 04

you are right; and i deserve to be ;flogged ;tarred, feathered and generally bashed about the head a bit SORRY!!!

flyingpeterpan 17:06 09 Apr 04

ade.h
thanks a lot,my mobo has both intel raid controller for sata 1 & sata 2 while silicon controller for sata 3 to sata 6 and I found it a little bit confusing,and the menu does not say a lot about how to set up raid in detail,however I found your site is very clear,I will let you know how it is getting on later.

ade.h 17:24 09 Apr 04

Your mobo sound more sophisticated (and complex) than mine, which is an older KG-7 Raid with just the HPT370 chip. Hopefully, the on-screen menu for your setup is not too different. Happy raiding!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017