RAID Help

Snakey 21:58 17 Dec 04

If I have two different sized drives in a RAID 0 configuration sholuld the sum be the total of the two drives or the double of the smallest Drive?

mrdsgs 22:08 17 Dec 04

the latter

Snakey 22:20 17 Dec 04

I am configuring a Windows 98/XP dual boot. I have created a 10gb partition (FAT32) for this. When I run the setup for WIN98 I get a 'not enough memory' message. I have 1gb of RAM and can remember in the past Windows 98 cannot operate above a certain limit. Can this be overcome with a tweak? (Without removing DIMMS)

bremner 22:38 17 Dec 04

click here this might help re the RAM issue

bremner 22:39 17 Dec 04

...........and for the RAID question click here

Snakey 23:04 17 Dec 04

Unfortunately this is where I'm upto

After configuring RAID 0, I then created a 10gb FAT32 partition (with an XP disk), booted from a WIN98 Boot Floppy and copied the WIN98 folder from WIN98 CD to the C:. After running setup from C:\Win98 I get the memory error.

I then ran the XP installation and created an additional 20gb partition for the installation. I now get the Dual Boot Statup option as desired but still when I accces Win98 I get the memory error.

Through the 'DOS Prompt Only' option I have edited the 'WIN.INI' file and added 'VCache' parameters as advised on the NET. Same Problem.

Am I doing this wrong without 'Partion Magic' etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…