RAID Help

Snakey 21:58 17 Dec 04

If I have two different sized drives in a RAID 0 configuration sholuld the sum be the total of the two drives or the double of the smallest Drive?

mrdsgs 22:08 17 Dec 04

the latter

Snakey 22:20 17 Dec 04

I am configuring a Windows 98/XP dual boot. I have created a 10gb partition (FAT32) for this. When I run the setup for WIN98 I get a 'not enough memory' message. I have 1gb of RAM and can remember in the past Windows 98 cannot operate above a certain limit. Can this be overcome with a tweak? (Without removing DIMMS)

bremner 22:38 17 Dec 04

click here this might help re the RAM issue

bremner 22:39 17 Dec 04

...........and for the RAID question click here

Snakey 23:04 17 Dec 04

Unfortunately this is where I'm upto

After configuring RAID 0, I then created a 10gb FAT32 partition (with an XP disk), booted from a WIN98 Boot Floppy and copied the WIN98 folder from WIN98 CD to the C:. After running setup from C:\Win98 I get the memory error.

I then ran the XP installation and created an additional 20gb partition for the installation. I now get the Dual Boot Statup option as desired but still when I accces Win98 I get the memory error.

Through the 'DOS Prompt Only' option I have edited the 'WIN.INI' file and added 'VCache' parameters as advised on the NET. Same Problem.

Am I doing this wrong without 'Partion Magic' etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…