RAID Drivers needed

s99Raj 16:56 10 Nov 07

I have a SATA hard drive connected to an 848P Neo-V motherboard (whichj also says MS-6788 on it) and am trying to format the hd and install XP Home onto it.

I don't have the original m/b drivers and have been trying to find the RAID drivers - I believe I need them after pressing F6 when trying to install the OS.

Does anyone know where I can find the RAID Drivers? I've tried the MSI website.

MCE2K5 20:37 10 Nov 07

Download Here,

click here

Eric10 22:07 10 Nov 07

Have you tried installing from the Win XP CD without pressing F6? I don't have an MSI motherboard but have 2 Asus motherboards with Intel chipsets and haven't had to load special drivers with either of them. My XP CD has SP2 incorporated though so that might make a difference.

Totally-braindead 22:13 10 Nov 07

I'm a bit puzzled with this board. In the specs on the website I could not see RAID mentioned so I assumed it didn't have RAID so I downloaded the manual and theres one small mention of it on page 3.19 which mentions RAID on the Southbridge. But nothing else I could see, and theres no RAID drivers on the website either. Perhaps it doesn't need drivers and just needs to be setup in the BIOS?

If it does have a RAID driver then it will be on the motherboard disk if you have one. Only other alternative I can think of is theres no RAID driver as it uses a Windows driver?

Odd one this.

umbongo(uk) 02:57 11 Nov 07

no there is no raid driver to be installed

download the manual and read page 3-19 and 3-20
sata config is controlled by bios

you should just be able to load windows from cdrom boot
unless youve changed anything in bios

as the manual would state takeing raid drivers off the motherboard disc and puting them on a floppy to which you would f6 on install

s99Raj 10:24 11 Nov 07

Yes, you're right.

The setting in the BIOS worked - it doesn't need any RAID drivers with the setting as mentioned on page 3.20.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…