RAID on/off??

ste_bla 16:59 13 Jun 04

If on a motherboard spec sheet it says eg;

2x sata hdd
2x sata hdd RAID via VTxxx

Does that mean if i wanted 3 drives two would have to be part of raid option or is there a way of turning this off?

I downloaded a manual and the only thing i can see about it is from bios settings; "SATA RAD FUNCTION Raid OR Base"

Does base mean basically off and i can use it as a normal drive?

It would appear that your motherboard has connection for two SATA drives in addition to the two normal EIDE sockets.These EIDE connection will take up to 4 EIDE drives (two master, and two slaves). SATA drives fit into a diffrent socket on your mobo, with different type cables.
If you want to set up RAID on either SATA or PATA drives, this invloves loading the software, usually via a floppy, and following instructions.

Smiler 19:25 13 Jun 04

What motherboard is it?

cycoze 13:51 14 Jun 04

No you dont have to use RAID and Yes set it to `BASE` .

ste_bla 14:28 14 Jun 04

cheers cycoze now gotta decide which one.. and smiler i was thinking of getting a gigabyte of some sort with 4+ sata or/and 4+ ide but anything above 2ide seemed to include raid which i didnt want

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…