Raid 0 No Floppy disc for controller

User-312386 21:33 23 Dec 08

Hi all

I have never installed a Raid Before and just bought 2 x 320GB Hdd's and thought i would give it a go. However, i have encountered so many problems as listed below

1. Got the raid array up and running in the BIOS and when into windows i can see the drive under management and format it and it shows as one big drive. However, i want to install windows on the Array and when i try to do so it asks for the raid controller which i cant install as i have no floppy disc.

2. I therefore slipstreamed windows with the Raid controllers and SP3 and it went to format and i said it could not format the SCSI drive.

Guys i am at a loss and need help here as i am over my head with RAID

Help

Many thanks in advance

Madboy

Mr Mistoffelees 22:20 23 Dec 08

Go to the motherboard manufacturers website. there you should be able to download the raid controller driver and find instructions.

Mr Mistoffelees 22:21 23 Dec 08

Further to the above, borrow a floppy drive and cable or buy one, will make life easier.

User-312386 22:45 23 Dec 08

Mr Mistoffelees

I have the raid drivers on the cd-rom that came with the mobo.

Surely there has to be an easier way to do this?

Mr Mistoffelees 08:37 24 Dec 08

Do you have a second optical drive in your PC? If so you could put the mobo CD in that drive and direct the Windows installer to it when asked to press F6 to load raid drivers. Otherwise, the floppy method is the one that works for me.

PO79 13:08 24 Dec 08

I think it's possible to put the raid drivers onto a USB thumb drive, and when prompted during installation direct setup tp the drive.

User-312386 17:34 24 Dec 08

No it gives you the option for A drive

No matter i have begged a floppy drive from a friend and ordered a molex power connector to floppy as my modular power suplly doesnt have one

Thanks for all your help guys

I'll tick as resolved and if i have any problems ill give you a shout

Happy Christmas to all at the forum and on Pc Advisor

Madboy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…