Radio - no sound

Pinelea 18:50 22 Nov 05

Each time I click on a radio station (mostly BBC2 or Saga, so you know my age)I hear aclick of a chord; nothing else.

CDs play OK; so does BBC video (but no sound)

What else can I check?

Diodorus Siculus 18:55 22 Nov 05

Free-Codecs.com :: Download Real Alternative 1.45 Final : Real Alternative will allow you to play RealMedia files without having to install RealPlayer/RealOne Player
click here

ashdav 23:27 22 Nov 05
  Pinelea 15:49 26 Nov 05

Thanks for your suggestions. On the way, I found that downloads are perfect, if I start off in RealPlayer. It's direct access from the BBC site that doesn't work. Ho Hum; must go the long way round.

Incidentally, my favourite Queensland radio stations link perfectly from theeir homepages!

Ralph Smith

wee eddie 17:32 26 Nov 05

Have you tried the links on BBC's Home Page?

Pinelea 15:44 27 Nov 05

Yes, that's where the problem showed up. After months of happily listening to BBC Radio 2, especially the swing programmes, one day a couple of weeks ago, all I heard on clicking on the links was the chord that apparently goes with clicking on a link.

What next, please?

Diodorus Siculus 15:59 27 Nov 05

I would still suggest an install of RealAlternative as above; then when you click the links it should get it going.

Pinelea 13:28 28 Nov 05

Thanks for the tip. However, before trying it, and content with the way RealPlayer worked, treating it as a sort of "gateway", I tried a little button-pushing.

To my surprise, the radio programmes opened as expected, as long I didn't try the left-click on the link, that I'd done for so long, but instead did a right-click, and then left-clicked "open". Is there something wrong with my configuration somewhere?

Rember, I've already found I can left clink links on Australian stations, just not on BBC or Saga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…