Radio Broadcast Interference

Pesala 19:18 07 Jul 03

What the heck is going on? (>_ )

When I visit the Helproom I get an endlessly repeating loop of a broadcast from ITN Business News "Stay up to date with all the latest in commerce and industry. World markets and money updates. Keeping you briefed on what's in and what's out. ... What's going up and what's going down. ITN Business News Keeping you in the picture wherever you are."

The only way to stop it is to mute the volume or close the PC Advisor Help Window.

VoG II 19:21 07 Jul 03
  Dazwm 19:22 07 Jul 03
  Pesala 19:31 07 Jul 03

It has been nice knowing some of you.

I'll check in again from time to time to see if the sound effects have been removed.

powerless 19:38 07 Jul 03

I don't mind it the once.

But everytime - Come on!

Valvegrid 19:38 07 Jul 03

What broadcast? Maybe this is one of the reasons I always surf with the sound off!

Pesala 19:44 07 Jul 03

Ah! Peace! Opera I love you. Quick Preferences (Alt F12) Disable Embedded Audio. (~_~)

Turning off "Play sounds in web pages" doesn't seem to work in Internet Explorer.

powerless 19:45 07 Jul 03

Also hit the mute, On the advert ;-)))))))

Pesala 19:46 07 Jul 03

Ah! Peace! Opera I love you. Quick Preferences (Alt F12) Disable Embedded Audio. (~_~)

Correction: It doesn't seem to work. Back to the drawing board. (>_<)

powerless 19:46 07 Jul 03

That don't work when the page refeshes.

-pops- 19:49 07 Jul 03

It's all the fault of that insidious development Macromedia Flash for a "Multimedia experience".

Fortunately, it's broken on my IE6 so I'll be going back to that for a few days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…