Radeon X200 or Geforce 6200LE?

redyellow 20:30 04 Mar 06

Any opinions on what is the better cheap graphics card?
ATI Radeon X200 Express graphics
or
256MB Geforce 6200LE TC64 graphics

007al 22:56 04 Mar 06

They are the equivelent of onboard graphics on a motherboard.If the Geforce says turbo cache or hyper memory,it means thats how much it can take from system memory,which isnt what you want realy.ATI X200 is onboard and i think the lowest PCI-E card they do is X300.With nvidia,LE at the end of the number is usually below the standard of that number.So a plain 6200 is better than a 6200LE.As the 6200 is their starter card then the LE version wont be up to much.So to answer your question,theyre about the same

redyellow 23:39 04 Mar 06

Am i right in thinking that graphics cards are important for games only or do they have any other function? Are there internet sites that will only run properly with decent cards?

Jackcoms 10:45 05 Mar 06

"Am i right in thinking that graphics cards are important for games only or do they have any other function?"

Graphics cards are important for running a flicker-free monitor and, thus, reducing eye strain.

Try running your PC without a cards and, pretty soon, you'll be paying a visit to your local optician!

Cybermaxx 12:00 05 Mar 06

If you aren't bothered about games, then either will do. I think the 6200LE would offer the better performance, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…