Radeon X1600 Pro vs 6600gt . . . which one ?

grabster 21:22 22 May 06

I need a shove in the right direction here . . . the Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro agp against the galaxy 6600gt.
i prefer to get the geforce but local shortages mean a 7-10 day wait.However , the shop is pushing me towards the radeon 1600, which judging by the amount of stock in the shop,they are keen to get rid of.
One member of staff tells me the gt is the dogs danglies whereas another tells me that the gt is past it and to go for the radeon.
I suppose whatever the response here that i will probably wait for the gt but am i right in not taking the radeon seriously ?

grabster 05:23 23 May 06

bump . . .

vinnyT 10:31 23 May 06

While the X1600 Pro agp is a newer card, many reviews i have read slated it, on the other hand the reviews of the 6600gt were pretty much in its favour. I would go for the 6600gt, you will still not be able to play the latest games with all bells&whistles enabled, but unless they are offering an amazing deal for the x1600, it is the better card.

Hope this helps.

Totally-braindead 11:05 23 May 06

Have a look here and make up your own mind click here

grabster 20:41 23 May 06

Hmmm... decisions decisions, £90 for the radeon or £110 for the geforce, after looking everywhere and checking suggested links i am still unsure of which one to get. I have been told that as i have an nvidia based board i should go for the geforce.
Whaddya think ?

Totally-braindead 10:37 24 May 06

As far as I know the chipset on the board makes no difference. I have a Nvidia chipset and picked a Nvidia graphics card just because I had had problems with a couple of ATI cards.
I personally would go for the Nvidia, but as I said I'm a bit biased because of the faulty ATIs I had.

grabster 19:31 24 May 06

Well,after not too much thought i went for the geforce and it arrives courtesy of Amazon tomorrow.
Thanks for the replies . . .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…