Radeon or geforce ?

grabster 15:51 20 May 06

It looks as though my geforce fx5700 is shagged so im looking to get a new card for my MSI K7N2 Delta2 (MS-6570E) system with gig and a half of ram.What is there to choose between radeon and geforce ? i dont wanna go over £80 max and im looking at a Sapphire ATI Radeon X1300 256MB AGP Tv-Out/DVI from here , click here is local so no postage.
would this be a worthwhile purchase or should i go for a geforce 6600 ?
Tia.

Whoops with the other identical untitled post.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:06 20 May 06

Here is an alternative possibility click here

grabster 16:15 20 May 06

looks ok , also cheaper than my local store but what is the difference between geforce and radeon ? are they different flavours of the same thing ?

Mr Mistoffelees 17:22 20 May 06

Radeon refers to products designed and made by ATI of Canada, Geforce refers to products designed and made by nVidia of Taiwan. They are quite seperate.

grabster 17:55 20 May 06

I suppose i meant to ask are the two standards similar in performance . ie do they release new products with similar performance at the same time as each other ?

citadel 18:25 20 May 06

nvidea and ati are in a constant battle to have the fastest card. They both have a range of cards with the most expensive as the flagship. If you want to play modern games you need a mid to high range card. Do not get any card with le or se in the name.

grabster 04:56 25 May 06

OK... i went for the 6600gt. Thanks for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…