Radeon Graphics Card

For some reason possibly after windows updates my Radeon 9600 256mb card fails at boot up doens't pass the Bios comes up with and error in a red line saying something like "check you manual to configure the hardware after fiddling with the card itself for 30mins-1hr i manage to get the system back up, in deice manager it shows i have 2 display adapters i have removed both of these shutdown restarted and also have installed the latest drivers at the moment it is working fine but again i get 2 display adapters and in about 2 months or less it will go again or when microsoft udate again any susgetstion? using win XP PC less than 1 yr old Dell machine

helmetshine 00:51 07 Feb 05

Juggy69

Having two display adapters showing in device manager is quite normal for your card as it supports a dual monitor display.Afraid i can't help you with the other problem tho

josie mayhem 01:14 07 Feb 05

Sorry but I can't help you, apart as from saying that I have seen this questioned possed recently on the net, but I can't remenber where sadly.

I was searching for answers concerning my new graphic card that deeps blanking out, and then won't reboot. So I think that I rather that I had two monitors showing, than a none working card.

But I am sure that there is a way of diabling one of the monitors, if I remember where I'd saw it I will post back of course.

on my other machine i have an nvidia GForce FX 5200 128mb that only shows once in my display adapters thanks so far anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…