Radeon 9800 Video Card

Spr 13:13 10 Apr 06

For 6 months or more I have had a Radeon 9800 Video Card installed in my PC every so often when I go to boot up I received the following
“You have not connected the Power Extension Cable to your Radeon Video Card”
I than have to take the side off and push in the cables connected to the Card.
The Pc does not get moved so why the message.

When playing Commandos Strike Forces the game seems to be very erratic

The person who sold it to me has tested it and says there is nothing wrong with it
What you would expect them to say

I have Pentium 4CPU 2.40GHz with 1.25 GB of RAM running Window

keef66 17:00 10 Apr 06

are you sure you have a power cable supplying the card (4 pin molex connector coming from the power supply)?

What is the max power output of your power supply?

Spr 17:11 10 Apr 06

output 350 watts is that right? it is a two lead cable one coming from the power supply & one from the HD

keef66 09:53 11 Apr 06

just a point of clarification, is it a 9800 or a 9800 pro card?

350 watts should be enough to power either, as long as the psu isn't on the blink.

Sounds like the power cable is shared with the hdd via a splitter. I think it should be a 4 lead cable though.

Anyone with a 9800 care to comment? (I'm just working from memory here)

keef66 10:01 11 Apr 06

click here

here's an image of a 9800 pro card with the 4 lead power splitter attached. Is yours different?

I'm thinking it all sounds as if the card's not getting enough power. That would explain both your problems. Can you borrow a psu with more power leads so it doesn't have to share one with a hdd? Failing that, a psu with say 450w rating? I'm reluctant to suggest you buy a new psu in case the fault lies with the card itself.

Spr 12:08 11 Apr 06

it is exactly like the one in the picture 9800 pro, so upgrading the psu may be the answer or a single lead from the psu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…